Thank you so much http://knockedoverbyafeather.wordpress.com for nominating me for the Liebster Award! That was very thoughtful of you. *takes a bow*
This award is for bloggers with 200 or fewer followers. Given the random ramblings I post, I feel lucky anyone reads them at all! I was shocked to have followers.
I need to tell 11 things about myself, answer 11 questions, nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers (give or take), and ask them 11 questions. I also need to notify the nominees.
First things first. Eleven things about me.
1. I am 55 years old. I look older and feel younger.
2. I work in the child care field.
3. I have nothing important to say, but I say it anyway.
4. I think coffee and chocolate should be high on the food pyramid.
5. I am an expert at procrastination.
6. I am working on becoming 5 foot squared (in other words, I’m short and fat)
7. I love to read.
8. I like movies but have a hard time sitting through one. I need to pace or have another activity to do at the same time.
9. I love chewing gum. I smack and pop it happily until the noise annoys the heck out of me, then I throw it away.
10. I have two wonderful children.
11. I write short stories and then throw them away. I need to stop doing that.
Questions from Merbear264:
1. Fact or fiction? My answer is yes and yes. Life is full of fact and fiction.
2. What is your favorite animal and why? That is a tough one. It’s been said that I am as slippery as a snake so maybe a snake? When I was young I was “quiet as a mouse”, so maybe a mouse? This could go on and on. I think I would choose some type of cat, either wild or domesticated. They just look so royal and important. They have a high opinion of themselves and are beautiful!
3. Do you think being rich would make you happy? Well, it certainly couldn’t hurt! I would like more money than I have to eliminate a lot of stress, but I don’t think the money would make me happy. Only I can make me happy.
4. Are you bright eyes and bushy-tailed in the morning or grumpasaurus rex? First of all, I won’t share with you how many tries it took for me to type grumpasaurus. All in all I’m definitely a morning person. I’m up no later than 5am pretty much every day and have the majority of my have-to-do things done by noon. After 4pm it’s a 50/50 chance I will be able to understand anything.
5. What is your favorite dessert? Assuming it’s after a meal, I prefer something light such as a scoop of ice cream.
6. What is your favorite thing about blogging? I like to blog because I can take all the silly stuff from my head and put it on my blog. It’s fun and relaxing.
7. Do you like reality tv shows? NO! Sorry, but no.
8. If you could have lunch with one famous person, dead or alive, who would it be? I could name a lot of people, but since I have to choose one, I will say Chief Joseph. He is a part of my family history, and I would love to learn more! Now that it has been brought up, I think I will have to investigate further.
9. What is your favorite breakfast cereal? Cream of Wheat, closely followed by Oatmeal. Cold cereals are more of a snack for me. I take a handful if I’m really hungry between meals.
10. Do you believe that love is all we need? I believed this when I was young. Now I believe that love is way up on the list, but there are other things you need, too. Self-respect, a purpose of some sort, food, liquids and blogs.
11. Chocolate or vanilla? Possibly strawberry? Chocolate, then vanilla. I love strawberries but I don’t like strawberry flavored anything, really.
So many, many blogs I could nominate, but a lot of you have too many followers, or I can’t tell how many you have! I’m sure there’s a way to tell that I don’t know of.
And the nominees are!
My questions to the nominees:
1. What is your favorite way to spend your vacation?
2. Blog or sleep?
3. Do you have pets?
4. What is your favorite season?
5. Do you have multiple blogs?
6. Are you a movie watcher?
7. Do you prefer a paper book or ebook?
8. Do you play video games?
9. Do you prefer hot chocolate or eggnog?
10. Do you have a favorite holiday?
11. If someone gave you $100,000.00 today, what would you spend it on?