Over the next few days, I will be interviewing some of the kids I care for. They really do have a lot to say, and it is important! I will not use their real names to protect their privacy. They made up names for the interviews. I got permission to use the photos, so it’s all good! The kids are very excited about this.
Today I will be speaking to Lake. She is an eight year old girl. She is a big hearted soul who likes to help others. Let’s see what she has to say!
1. What is your favorite hobby? My hobbies are reading, art and writing. I like to write stories.
2. Any special events going on in your life? Thanksgiving! My grandparents are coming over.
3. Do you like school and why? I like it because I like to read and hang with friends.
4. What is your favorite part of the day? Reading with Clara (her cat) on the bottom bunk.
5. Favorite movies and books? Movies-Babysitters Club, Harry Potter movies, Guardians of Ga’Hoole
Books–Babysitters Club, Harry Potter, Charlie Bone, Guardians of Ga’Hoole, Wolves of the Beyond.
Now that we have some information from Lake, I will give you some insight to the girl that I see and know.
She is big-hearted and has a wonderful sense of humor. She is very sensitive to the hardships of others and is very involved with organizations such as Girl Scouts and the Red Cross. She does fund-raisers to donate money to the Red Cross and to child cancer patients. Her latest endeavor is growing her hair out to donate for a wig. She is using this as a fundraiser called “Inches of Hair” where people donate what they can for every inch she gets cut off. She is planning cutting off about 11 inches and should raise just over $3,000.00 for a local family with a three-year old battling cancer.
Lake is a fantastic artist and has won awards in the Reflection programs at school. Her imagination soars when she has a variety of art supplies in front of her.
Well, that’s it for today. Check back tomorrow for another interview.