A.PROMPTreply nominated me for an award a while ago (seems like years ago), and I am so sorry I didn’t get around to doing the work on that! Life has been very, very exhausting and busy lately. I come home from my new job (not sure it’s going to work out), so tired I’m almost in tears. One thing you did mention a couple of times was that you wanted to read seven facts about me, so I thought I would at least try to do that!
1. I hate odd numbers. My OCD demands I do things in even numbers, and four is my favorite number. It can be very frustrating when I’m in a hurry and I have to put a silly lid on the coffee can four times, or open and close a drawer four times! I get odd looks when I do this, too. Most of the time, I don’t think I realize I’m doing it since I’ve done this for over fifty years! On good days, I can get away without having to do this.
2. I hate things that are upside down (OCD again, sorry). While grocery shopping, I will spend some time in the canned food aisle, making sure I don’t see any upside down cans!
3. I try to be a positive person, even though I just used the word HATE twice. I guess what I mean is I try to see positive things in negative situations. My mom used to say I was a true Libra because of the scales symbol. I tend to try to see both sides of an argument and find the good on both sides. I think it’s rare that with a disagreement that one opinion is 100% right or wrong. Both sides will have valid points!
4. I have no decorating sense and I don’t care about furniture, rugs, decorations, etc. As long as a place is clean and functional, it’s good enough for me!
5. I have always wanted to write a book. I would write short stores all of the time when I was young. I still do, but I never share them. I think I only kept one, and the rest have long since been destroyed. I don’t really have the talent and I’m terrified of actually letting anyone see my writing! I can hear and see the story in my head, but when I try to put it to words, it just does not work.
6. As I get older, I find I am scared of things that I didn’t even blink at when younger. I used to love going on trips alone, or shopping alone, or long walks alone. Now, I get so nervous because I’m afraid the car will break down, or some other problem will arise, and I will not have anyone to help. I have been told that’s pretty normal.
7. I think I know everything. Just ask my kids! They will agree!
That might be the best I can do at this point. Thanks for the nomination, thought. It was nice of you to think of me.