I rarely participate in awards, but only because I usually can’t find the time (or totally forget) to get it done. So, if I have been nominated and didn’t participate, it has nothing to do with whoever did the nominating. It’s all my fault and sometimes my one working brain cell short fuses. I decided to try to get this one done, though!
Floridaborne at Two On A Rant nominated me for the Sunshine Award, thank you very much!
1. Answer the questions asked of you
2. Create and ask 10 questions to the 10 people you nominate
The ten questions asked of me:
1. Why did you start your blog? I thought I had a lot of interesting things to say and wisdom to share, but I quickly found out that I learn more from all of you than anything I can say. That is a jumbled up sentence, sorry.
2. What is your favorite memory in life? Having my children has to rank way high up there, but I can’t say what the very favorite is yet. Maybe when I’m closer to the end of my life, I will have a better answer.
3. Who is your favorite author? It might be hard to believe, but I don’t have a favorite. When browsing for a book, I rarely even look at the author name! I just flip through random pages and if I like what I see, I read the book.
4. Are you presently on a diet, and if so, why? Well, for health reasons, I still need to get at least 10 more pounds off (I’ve dropped 10 so far), but lately my diet has been a See It and Eat It diet. I do not recommend that one, it’s a bit counter productive.
5. Which do you prefer-turkey or steak? Turkey. I’m not a big fan of beef.
6. What is the link of the blog entry you wrote that you consider your favorite? I have to admit, I like my silly posts better than serious ones. I did have fun with this one...https://grannyreports.wordpress.com/2012/11/13/writing-fortunes-for-fortune-cookies/
7. How many books have you read this year? Actual books, about three, I think. Most of my reading these days is done right here on WordPress!
8. Which famous person do you admire most, living or dead? Famous person would be (no laughing) Fred Rogers. Non-famous would be my dad.
9. If you could sum up your philosophy on life in ten words, what would it be? So many roads to take, which choice should I make?
10. What is the most exotic food you’ve ever eaten? Authentic Indian food. Just for the record, the worst food I’ve ever eaten is my own cooking. *sigh* sad, but true.
Now I must nominate ten bloggers. Accept if you want to , but no pressure. I know it can be hard to find the time to get these done.
1. http://reynalovely.wordpress.com/ I haven’t been following this one for long, but so far I like it and the pictures are lovely.
2. http://2020hines-sight.com/ Another new one for me to follow, but so far I very much enjoy reading!
3. http://shaunynews.wordpress.com/ This young man writes about, well, almost everything! Something for everyone here.
4. http://lowveldlife.wordpress.com/ Informative and funny all wrapped up in one! I love this blog.
5. http://merbear74.wordpress.com/ A must read for everyone.
6. http://letscutthecrap.wordpress.com/ An amazing writer. I enjoy the blog very much.
7. http://josanneblog.wordpress.com/ I very much enjoy reading her toddler adventures!
8. http://ad-libbed.com/ If you want to laugh, a lot, you must visit.
9. http://theothersideof55.wordpress.com/ I love her posts and I can relate to a lot of them!
10. http://moviewriternyu.wordpress.com/ No blog award would be complete without picking on this guy! A must read!
And now for my questions to the lucky nominees! Yes, you should be scared because sometimes I ask odd questions.
1. What is your favorite day of the week?
2. Are you animal, mineral or vegetable?
3. Finish this sentence…I love a peanut butter and (fill in the blank) sandwich. Not really a question, but I still want to know.
4. If you had a full day with NO obligations, what would you do?
5. Did you (or do you) have a favorite class in school?
6. Do you think you would make a good teacher, and why? If you are a teacher, why did you choose to be one?
7. Cake or pie?
8. Do you find going to get a haircut as annoying as I do? (okay, I’m grasping at straws here and running out of ideas)
9. Would you rather go back in time or leap into the future?
10. A morning or evening person?